The mission of the Academy is to promote Islamic legal philosophy and the Islamic concept of justice through the training of judges, attorneys, prosecutors, lawyers, and legal professionals, who operate the judicial system of the country, as well as through producing the appropriate literature to enhance the proper understanding of the Islamic Shari’ah. The Academy aims at preparing the judicial and extra-judicial personnel and creating awareness about the Shari’ah knowledge to reflect the aspirations of the people as well as constitutional imperatives of Pakistan towards the modern understanding of Islamic laws. The Academy extends its training programme to develop expertise in other friendly countries and coordinates the exchange of training facilities.
The following are key objectives of the Academy:
- To arrange pre-service and in-service training courses in Islamic law;
- To develop methodologies for training and research in Islamic law and allied disciplines;
- To launch and conduct correspondence courses in Islamic law facilitating an outreach through distance education system at both elementary and advanced levels;
- To publish books, monographs, reports, and journals on Islamic law;
- To hold conferences, seminars, symposia, and workshops on different areas in Islamic law; and
- To perform such other functions as may be necessary for the realization of its objectives